Tuesday 11 January 2011

Questions and Answers

This has been taken from my page on the team website, a few Q's and A's you might be interested in!


  • What is your favourite ride? My favourite ride is in the south west of France in the Hautes Pyrenees department. The ride starts at Argeles Gazost finishing in Lourdes. The ride includes the ascent of the Tormalet from the Luz St Saveur side and includes the ascent of both sides of the Col dAspin. The ride is about 130km.
  • What are you doing when you're not cycling? When I’m not cycling I watch Brighton Hove Albion Football Club, and occasionally go to away matches. I have the odd kick about, and chill with my mates. I go to the cinema and play a bit of poker. Alternative exercises include spending time in the gym as well as jogging and swimming.
  • What do you like about riding for One Life Development Squad? I like the organisation of the squad. This includes the infrastructure of the team Also I like how the riders are committed and how we are a recognised as a strong unit. The team is also full of friendly individuals who work together as a team. It is also evident how the squad cares for you as a rider and your progression to your maximum potential.
  • What is your ultimate goal in cycling? My ultimate goal in cycling is to one day become a professional rider. However that is the dream of every young bike rider in the world So I realise how competitive it will become as I continue to progress. My approach to the sport is dedicated and professional, and if I was to fall short of my dream I would still be able to re create these aspects in everyday life. If I become professional my dream would be to race for a French outfit. If not successful I would like to Gain a BSC in sport science and hopefully coach either footballers or cyclists to future champions or become an agent in either of the sports.
  • What is your greatest memory on 2 wheels? In 2009 I raced in France for the summer. I was racing in a criterium at the foot of the Pyrenees in a small town called Montaut. There were around 80 starters in the cadets race (under 16’s). The race started off at a furious pace with constant attacking, which is the style of amateur racing on the continent. With 20km to go I was in a chase group of nine riders including 3 regional champions. However there was a sole rider of the front. Then With 5k to go I attacked and left the chase group, I ended up pulling back 20 seconds from the leader but just fell short of catching him. By around 5 seconds and had him in my sights and the end of 78kms. For me it was the first time I realised my potential in the sport and being on the podium abroad with flowers and a small trophy was inspirational.
  • How did you get into cycling? In 2007 I was in France for July living with my mum. Le tour de France passed near our house so we decided to take a trip and watch the race. For me the spectacle of the race was awesome and the size of it was incredible. Then throughout that summer I did 10 miles on a old MTB every day, and on my return to the UK I bought my first racer a Specialized Allez and joined AD cycles.
  • What is one of your most memorable moments? Greatest moment not on the bike would be the play off final against Bristol city when we were in league 1. We were given a penalty around the 70th minute and held on for the win, and were promoted to the championship.
  • Favorite Musical Artists? Jme, Devlin, Coldplay, Inna and Shakira
  • What are you favourite films? Green Mile, Planet of the Apes and Shaw Shank Redemption
  • What is your favourite food? Starter: Bruschetta Main; Confit du cunard and chips; Pudding; Tarte aux pommes

No comments: