Friday 21 January 2011

Quick Update

Whilst I watch the live coverage of the 2011 Willunga Hill Stage of the Tour Down Under I thought I would fill my Followers in of my 2011 racing plan! I've been working pretty hard recently with DS Dan Bennet and Coach Nigel Job to come up with the perfect compromise for my 2011 programme. Arranging the calender is a slow process with lots of different sites to scout, and races all over the country to consider. Well to shorten it down the major races are the National road series, seen here http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/road/article/roadst_Road-Major-Events-Calendar. The National TT Champs, National 10, National 25 and National Team Time Trial. These are the most important races for myself so the remainder of the calender is based around getting me in the best possible form for these big events. I will also be racing In France and I am hoping for around 5/6 weekends with a mixture of racing in the north and south of the country! This is in order of me building a Palmares for an application to a French team for the 2012 campaign.

Haven't got a picture a picture of myself so I am afraid I will just say how Beautiful, Light and Stiff my new Keo Carbon Blades are and here is a picture!


This is a video explaining why they are so goods so I don't have too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqAl9tB16Qo .

A quick update on training, well this week will be my longest week so far this year and will come in around 15/16 Hours. I have a 5hr and a 4hr ride to do this weekend, but not sure yet what order depends on how I feel. I am looking forward to a good catchup with Dante Carpenter tomorrow who last year was part of our Squad however has moved to ASFRA Flanders as he wants to focus his racing priorities on the Belgium Kermesse scene! Sunday I will be accompanied by Brock, and hopefully Will Kemp, Tom Copeland (Sigma) and Josh Cunningham (Royal Antwerp Bicycle Club). Will be a tough weekend for sure!

Once the Calender has been finalised I will post the 2011 agenda and fill you in on any further updates! another off topic blog is on the agenda just bare with me only 2 exams to go.

Cheers Tom











No comments: