Wednesday 12 January 2011

Its more important than you think

Ultimately my results this year are going to determine where and at what level I will be riding a bike in 2012! For myself this adds motivation to each training ride. I know I have to follow the most professional lifestyle possible in order to overcome my opponents this includes making sacrifices including minimal alcohol , not going to parties and not eating crap food. This is all in order of building up a sufficient Palmares. So.... (in the words of Charlie Fawke) the ball is in my court! What has made me think about this? it is that I am currently sitting exams and the thought of Uni at the moment really doesn't appeal and the realisation of the importance of this season just has hit me and my results are the same as a person aiming for a number of UCAS points in order to get to the uni of their preference! I have began to sort out logistics already for the following season and am beginning to tally up costs and work out which teams I will be applying to! come June I will be a full time cyclist (scary prospect) and have a part time job trying to gather as much money possible to race abroad! this excites me so much and I really cant wait to get racing and start impressing people so all I can do atm is everything I am told by Nigel Job (coach) and I have a lot of confidence this Is going to be a good season!


Progressive Cycle Coaching Development Squad 2011

From yesterday's blog, opinions have been coming in and I am rely happy about this! I had a great response from http://keitharussell.blogspot.com/ and I like how it has caused people to express their feelings on the topic! As I said today on twitter I will blog about my own performance as a cyclist, My interest in the world of professional Cycling, My football Team (Brighton) and sometimes an incite of my personal life if I feel it be relevant to my blog! please feel free to respond via twitter or blogspot with your own opinions!

Thought I would add a picture. So..... here is a picture of my TT bike for 2011, I apologize that it is currently cassetteless its not quite a speed machine yet! Bike spec is below the picture.

2011 Time Trial Bike (Pro-Lite Espresso Aero buster)

Frame: Pro-Lite Espresso Aero buster (57cm)
Chainset: Shimano Ultegra 53/39 175mm
Shifters: Shimano Dura-Ace Bar End 10sp STI Shifters
Brake Levers: Crane Creek 200TT
Derailleurs: Shimano 105
Brakset: Sram Force
Handle Bars: Easton Aero Force Mod Base bar & Extensions
Stem: Ritchey WCS 4Axis Stem Wet White
Cables: Jagwire Racer Orange
Chain: KMC X10 SL Gold
Saddle: Fizik Tundra
Training Wheels: Cyclops Pro+ Hub, Ambrosio Excellight Rims
Training Tyres: Vittoria Open Pave EVO CG 290 TPI
Racing Wheels: Hyper Sonics 50mm/Novatec Hubs
Racing Tyres: Continental GP 4000

Thats all for now, may blog later tonight If I can't sleep!


No comments: