Sunday 9 January 2011

Creeping Up

So it's the11th of January and the season is almost upon us! the first day I intend to race this year is the 6th of March so I have around 8 weeks to go, to be where I need to be! I shall be at Hillingdon only once for the winter series to gauge my fitness. Then I shall be In France from the 17th to the 24th of February, this will consist of two long days in the saddle at sea level and 4 days skiing and altitude training. Cycling shall consist of Mountain reps on the Col du Portalet. Its 29km in length averaging about 5% with about 1300m of climbing in total! I will be Skiing with my step Brother at http://www.formigal.com/ probably the best resort in the Pyrenees and needless to say I am rely excited about it and about spending some time with my stepbrother (Ed). We spent a lot of our childhood together but as we have grown up and now living in different places we don't see as much of each other so it will be a great catch up!
Profile Col Du Portalet

Enough of the boring bits I have got myself thinking what is a blog? is it the telling of a story or telling people your thoughts? well for myself reading listed facts is not interesting. So I am now going to attempt to include more feelings and emotions! however of course I will update you on my cycling developments but is there anything worse than updates on the latest turbo session? isn't that what twitter is for? If you want to hear about my training and latest purchases follow my twitter http://twitter.com/TomLaker !!! However I shall still blog about races, extensive training blocks and I would also appreciate your comments on each post!

Rant over, this month is going to be a long one! 6 exams and lots of riding on the agenda.When February comes I will be able to relax more and with the lighter evenings coming our way, fitting training in will certainly be easier!

Some other blogs you may want to check out:


bonne nuit



No comments: