Friday 12 November 2010

Review 2010 (Low's)

2010 was a tough year for me, injury was a constant setback and I was extremely unlucky. In this blog I am going to talk of the low's of the season and the next the high's.

The season started late for me and I hit some form late march and was contending the sprints up at hillingdon on Tuesday nights. With 300m to go in 5th wheel parallel to the 'barbadian national champion' I was feeling confident for a top 3. However I was switched and this resulted in a 55kmph crash!!! ouch!!!! I layed in the road with riders swerving and riding over me!! After the sprint had past I stood up not feeling in too much pain (the adrenaline affect) and walked back to the van. Within 5 minutes I couldn't move my elbow and I went straight back to the ambulance who let me know I had broken my elbow FAB!! so missed 2 national series and the Nat champs and 7 weeks of riding!

That is not all for poor luck, in August a week before the tour of Wales desecending lieth hill after returning from France in the form of my life. Crunch the bars slipped after hitting a pothole hard and I couldn't reach my brakes and hit a tree head on and was unconscious!! Ended up with internal bruising of my buttock and a ass like Beyonce and my lower back was unbelievably sore That called for a premature end to 2010. Well Thats it for the low's basically I missed the 2 most important races of 2010 but I will have another shot next year! On the positive June/July were good!



No comments: