Friday 12 November 2010

The 2nd Love, the Seagulls

I thought I would mix up the cycling a bit for a quick mention to my second love, Brighton and Hove Albion FC. I have been a Brighton fan for around 10 years now, and it all started when a friend (Billy Greening) an avid fan convinced me to follow a local team instead of a glory team eg. Chelsea. My first memorable moment was the play-off final at the millennium stadium in Cardiff. 1-0 win to the Albion and we were in the championship. Well it seems like history is repeating itself again and we head league 1 by 8 points! and are favourites to get promoted to the championship. This season I have been more dedicated than ever travelling everywhere to watch the boys! Southampton away will be my 8th game of the season and I love it. The Passion of the fans inspire me as an athlete and every time the team walks or a goal is scored it reminds me of the tdf when the race passes through. The football league is full of passion and there are no ridiculous sums of money and week in week out, passionate fans turn up come rain or shine. Watching football also gives me an interest outside of cycling and I believe this is extremely important in keeping professionalism in my approach to the sport. I will talk a bit about brighton on the blog when i go to games as the team is important to me and it helps my approach the the overall goal .

Peterborough away, 0-3 victory to the Albion.