Tuesday 23 June 2009

Horsham TT

Tonight I did the Horsham 10 on the g10/57 course. I was hoping it was going to be calm however the wind was really strong with a head wind down to Crawley. I was hoping to go under 23 Min's but it wasn't to be my day. Got stoped at the first round about by a lorry almost coming to a standstill. Then had to slow at the 3rd roundabout. On the return it was really quick i hit the return round about around 12Min's and i knew i had to dig deep to save my pride. I was going what i thought was fast but with a 50*12/27 (climbing gears) i spun regularly at 130rpm. i came home in 23:09 a new PB but was hoping for better. All seems well prepared for Saturday my biggest race thus far, GHS regional Qualifiers. I will be riding a full carbon Pinnacle TT bike with deep rims and a TT helmet. so that will save some time and if i don't get held up by LORRIES i should be able to do a 22:30 easy.
Next Event is the Worthing 10 on Thursday, according to my good friend Keith he says the course is around a minute faster so i will aim for around low 22's got to beat 22:30 tho.
Quick mention to Patrick who rode a strong ride achieving his PB and I am glad Keith had a good trip to the alps and Patrick and myself bet he rides before Sunday!
Also I can't wait for my 3 days training in the Pyrenees!!!

Below: tour on the Aubisque

No comments: