Saturday 21 March 2009

Another Podium


Well I wasn't overly happy with today’s performance although I got a 3rd place in the race and a 2nd in the Under 16's race

My racing tactics and positioning were not as good as last time although I felt even stronger than last time. The race was a lot slower than last week and without Tom J and Elliot it was an even harder task to try and quicker up the race and send the younger ones out the back. I tried to put down some pressure on the pedals on the hill straight and this didn’t help as I just formed myself and unintentional 10m gap and I wasn’t going to try and ride of the front for half the race on my own. With 3 to go I was having another go to try and drop some of the field and then with two to go I positioned myself 2nd in line but this wasn’t overly successful and with 5oom to go it was like a drag race with the race appearing 5 across then I tried to jump on the wheel of the attacking palmer park rider with 300m but he suddenly blew so I was isolated on my own so I buried myself like last week but 2 riders sprant past and by the time I got on the wheel of rider in 2nd place a little kid who was riding the younger race got in the way and I had to pull on the brakes but I just held for 3rd in the race if it wasn’t for the kid I would have probably got 2nd but for 1 place it want worth the risk. Any way I am in the team car at the Surrey League race At Dunsfold tomorrow and hopefully if I get myself a good result next week I should win the squad some money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is why you'll be a good pro rider Tom...beating yourself up after getting a second and third place in a race, results most riders can only dream of getting! Well done and keep it up. You look every inch the pro in your team kit btw!